Monday, March 29, 2010

Blue Monday


For most people, a blue Monday is what we have today in Washington, D.C., a rainy start to the week. But for me a Blue Monday will always be a candy bar, a most scrumptious treat -- melt-in-your-mouth cream candy on the inside and thick semi-sweet chocolate on the outside. It's a regional specialty, sold only in Kentucky as far as I know.

Given that the closest Blue Monday is hundreds of miles away, I will scrimp on the description. Were I to explain how it tastes to bite into one of these confections, the slight bitterness of the chocolate, followed by the exceptionally creamy and sweet innards of the bar... well, I might start climbing the walls. Instead I search through my files for a photo. It's not of a Blue Monday; that's probably copyrighted by Ruth Hunt Candies. Instead, it's a photo Suzanne took at a candy shop in Bratislava. A chocolate fountain par excellence. So for chocolate lovers everywhere--from Kentucky to Slovakia--here's to Blue Mondays.

Labels:

blogger counters