Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Hype


You'd think we were preparing for Snowmageddon: The Sequel. The sidewalks are crunchy with "pretreatment," plows are at the ready and cheerful meteorologists discuss the latest models with barely restrained glee.

I first heard about this storm last week when I bought a cup of tea from Betty in the cafeteria. "Keep your eye on Tuesday. There's a storm brewing for Tuesday." At that point no one else I knew had heard about this potential nor'easter. I'm not sure where Betty got her information, but she was spot on.

Since then I've heard much talk about winter weather advisories and storm warnings, states of emergency declared in southern states and dire predictions for the northeast. Once again, it looks like D.C. will miss the brunt of it. But until it does, we can look and listen and pretend.

The snow hype is better than the snow.

Labels:

blogger counters