Saturday, June 11, 2016

Being Social

Yesterday's National Press Club workshop reminds me how much I love the company of writers. Talking shop was a great way to end the week.

After my panel ended a second one convened, this one on social media. I meant to stay. The crowd was buzzing and the speakers seemed fabulous. But it was Friday afternoon, downtown D.C. was beckoning and (this will sound very fifth-grade of me) I really really wanted to be outside.

No matter. Live tweets from the panel, a twitter chat at work, and the fact that I spent an hour mining tweets from last month's summit in Bangkok so I can write about it have all made the case.

Seems that there's a little Twitter bird following me these days, tugging at my sleeve, and he won't let go until I give him what he wants.



blogger counters