Friday, October 20, 2017

Still Life with USB Cords

I was thinking today as I pulled a phone charger out of a drawer that I basically live on about one one-hundredth of the things I own. Heck, it may be more like one one-thousandth!

This phone charger was lying on top of a tangle of wires and cables that date back to my house's Paleolithic Era. On the top are a few USB cables but underneath are old Walkman players, ancient cameras and ... a pair of binoculars.  Ah, so that's where the binoculars are.

It's the same in my chest of drawers: Three pairs of wearable pants on top of five pairs that are too old or don't fit. Plainly a purge is in order. But purging takes time.

I don't get rid of stuff as quickly as I could because I think the stuff may some day come in handy. Those old jeans will be fine for painting and the Walkman could be pressed into service if my iPod breaks ... and ... well, you get the idea.

So the stuff remains, and I live on top of it. Makes me feel pretty silly, if you want to know the truth.


Labels: ,

blogger counters