Thursday, January 11, 2018

TC in the Suburbs

Late-day walk with Copper, who was begging, pleading with his big brown eyes, not letting me out of his sight. OK, little guy. And so ... we were on.

I knew we'd have a fun time of it when I saw a neighbor and her dog (with whom Copper has scrapped more than once) sauntering down to the bus stop. We'd inadvertently timed our stroll with the Folkstone rush hour: 15 minutes of nonstop bus and car traffic back from Crossfield School.

I hadn't even reached Fox Mill Road before the first text came. That required I remove my gloves and send a return text, followed by a return email. While I was doing this, a sweet-faced boy of 7 or 8 approached us. Copper lunged at him before I realized what was happening. "He bites," I said to the child, whose expression was suddenly frozen in horror. "I'm sorry, but you don't want to pet him."

We finally reached the halfway point, then turned toward home. On the way back, I received a call, a voice mail and another email.

Total elapsed time: 25 minutes.

This is what happens when walking in the suburbs meets telecommuting in the suburbs. Not exactly a walk in the park ... but better than the alternative.

(Copper in his autumn bandana. That's two Copper pix in one week. No more for a while!)

Labels: , ,

blogger counters