Saturday, May 19, 2018

Have Bow, Will Travel

I am usually an optimist, but not enough to pack my string bass bow in checked luggage on the flights from Little Rock to Lexington. The bow, and my concert black clothes, were stuffed into my smallish briefcase. Or, to be more precise, my computer, notebooks, journal, book and clothes were stuffed in the briefcase. The bow was resting on top of it as I roamed around the Charlotte Airport.

To back up a bit here ... The Central Kentucky Youth Orchestra is providing a string bass but I'm providing the bow for this weekend's musical activities. I'm so glad it's not the other way around, but the bow has presented some logistical challenges. It's too large to fit into a carry-on bag, which is why I was checking luggage to begin with. And it's fairly delicate, too, so it has been well padded.

Now the bow and the bassist (seems presumptuous ... but that would be me) are on their way to pick up the bass and take it to Bryan Station High School, where the rehearsal (and the fun begins).

Have bow, will travel.

Labels: ,

blogger counters