Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Lounge

From my seat on the new living room couch (I still think of it as new even though it will be a year old next month), I can see the monitor I drug home from the office. It's sitting right where I put it on March 13, when I brought home file folders, plants and an extra pair of shoes. It's sitting on a table which was itself placed "temporarily" in front of the mantel.

With shelter-in-place edicts in force until June 10 in Virginia, it seems like a wise time to create something more akin to an office. But I'm so comfortable on the couch. And when I want a break, I stand up and work from the counter or take a quick stroll to stretch my legs. When I return, I plop into oversized chair that is, if anything, even more comfortable than the couch.

I think about the ergonometric chair I inherited back at the office, how tall and straight it made me sit. I examine my posture as I type these words, stocking feet propped up on the coffee table, laptop in lap. 

The question is not, can I lounge while working ... the question is, can I ever not lounge while working again?


Labels: , ,

blogger counters