Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Not Complaining

Somehow, there is still moisture in the sky, and rain in the air. It's falling now in gentle sheets, greening the new leaves and the grass and the weeds, making us feel more hemmed in than we already do.

Not that I'm complaining. There's a roof over my head, and the basement doesn't flood every time it rains, only in downpours. There's electricity so I can turn on lamps in the morning (something I've very much needed to do this gray day).

And in the kitchen, just steps away from where I now sit (on a comfy new couch, I might add), there is more food than we know what to do with.

So I will take this rainy day, embrace it and even (in my own way) celebrate it. Because that's where we are now ... or at least it's where I hope to be.

(Sunrise on the Mekong ... from the vault.)


Labels: , ,

blogger counters