Sunday, June 7, 2020

Visiting

A late post today, in part because I've been mowing and weeding and spending as much time outside as possible. But also because I've been visiting.

When I was young, that's what Sundays were for. We would go to my grandparents' house after church for a big afternoon meal and then hang out with family, which seemed tedious to me at the time but I'm sure was a boon for my parents.

Conversation was the name of the game. There wasn't much else going on, and we kids would slip outside as soon as we could and play in the backyard. (I can especially remember trying to clamber up the antenna, a tall, triangular, aluminum ladder-like thing that practically begged to be climbed.)

But I digress. Today's visits and visitor were especially welcome because of how little social contact I've had these last few months. The interactions weren't that long, but they were long enough to remind me how invigorating it is to chat, trade stories — and while away an hour or two in pleasant company.

Labels:

blogger counters