Saturday, February 20, 2021

Getting Out

It's Saturday, time to get some food into the house. Apart from walks around the neighborhood, the last time I jumped in the car and drove away was ... two weeks ago. 

Even for Pandemic Speed this is glacial. No wonder I've been pacing the floors on Fort Lee Street. I thought it was to stretch my legs during long work sessions. But no! I think it's been to re-enact a more primary urge: to leave, to step out, to move from one place to another.

While some people have been hunkering down like this for months, I've still been going out to the grocery store and on a few other errands most weeks. And I can say that while from a germ standpoint this practice may be debatable, from a mental health standpoint it is not. 

Getting out is good for you. Which is why I plan to do it ... soon.

(Sorry to say I will not be seeing this on my drive to the supermarket.) 

Labels: , ,

blogger counters