Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Reading and Weeding

The reading and weeding I did yesterday seem worthy of a post. The reading was for class, a chapter called Biology and Ideology. It was about Social Darwinism, eugenics, the values with which science can be laden, the ways science can be used. 

I take notes as I read, because it helps me concentrate and remember. Reading a chapter takes a while, then, as I jot down the main points and attempt to digest them. 

Which meant that I was ready for the weeding when it came. I was ready to swing my arms and pull out great fists full of stilt grass, toss it over the chicken wire fence. The motion freed my limbs, loosened my brain.

Wouldn't it be nice if every day held a perfect combination of mental and physical work? I'm not saying mine did yesterday. But it was close. 

(No picture of weeds handy; here's a shot snapped on the way to class.)

Labels: , , ,

blogger counters