Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Warmup Walk

It's unseasonably cold in these parts (it was the coolest October 4th on record here), but I'm as reluctant to turn on the heat in early October as I am to use the air-conditioning in May. The forecast is for more warmth to come; I'm holding out for that. 

Meanwhile, I'm re-familiarizing myself with the warmup walk. I took one of these yesterday, around Lake Audubon. The drizzle had stopped and waterproof-clad walkers were trudging through the late-afternoon chill, happy to be outside.

It was easy to rev up the speed, knowing that body heat is once again my friend. And it was good to know that the faster I walked the warmer it would seem when I got home. Because yesterday, that was the point of it all.

(Another way to feel warmer: picture Lake Audubon in June)

Labels:

blogger counters