Wednesday, May 3, 2023

An Adventure

Today, to avoid traffic, I plan to drive 20 or 30 miles out of my way, to etch a trail up and over rather than down and across. To take a country road rather than an interstate. It sounds crazy, which is why I'm calling it an adventure.  

I wonder if anyone has studied the miles people drive to avoid sitting on highways. If not, I propose the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area as a prime location for research. With two states plus the District of Columbia, one river and too few bridges (once you're out of the city), our neck of the woods is filled with idling cars and fuming motorists.  

Tell us, please, what we can do about it ... apart from having "adventures," of course.   

(Evening rush hour on I-66)                                                                                                                                               

Labels: , , ,

blogger counters