Thursday, November 2, 2023

Admiralty Inlet

I enjoy taking photographs, and I take a lot of them, but I've never visited a place that a photo truly captures. A still image can't communicate the broad sweep of an ocean vista, the tang in the desert air, the way a place speaks to you — or doesn't. 

Many places speak to me. I'm fickle in that way. Last month I was enraptured by Savannah and Charleston. This month it's the Pacific Northwest. But in my defense... I do love all these places. Especially when I'm walking through them. 

I strolled through Port Townsend the other day and took in its Victorian/hippie vibe, bought a small packet of tuna salad from one of its overpriced grocery stores, savored the views from Jackson Street overlooking Admiralty Inlet. 

Returning to my little house, I passed homeowners putting their gardens to bed before the rain moved in, the omnipresent grazing deer, and the view you see above. 

I plan to take this walk again soon.

Labels: , ,

blogger counters