Friday, December 29, 2023

Sunrise, Sunset

It was unseasonably warm yesterday, although the last couple of winters have been mild enough that the term "unseasonably warm" may soon require some tinkering. I took two walks, one as the sun was rising and the other as it was setting. 

I only realized this morning the symmetry of these strolls. The first one I timed with sunrise. The classical station I listen to announces sunrise every day with a little fanfare and a specially chosen piece of music. Yesterday's was a recorder rendition of "The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba" from Handel's "Solomon." 

The later ramble was not planned for sunset. But the sun sets so early these days that it's easy to postpone a stroll until the day is almost done. Based on the number of people we saw on the trail, I'd have to say I wasn't the only one to whom that happens.

Sunrise, sunset. Much like yesterday's Arrivals and Departures. It's yin and yang at the closing of the year. 

Labels: ,

blogger counters