Wednesday, January 17, 2024

No Nonsense

When I woke a little after 7, the sun had not yet begun to strike the sides of the big oaks I can see across the road. But it was light enough to assure me not all the snow had blown off trunks, limbs and branches. 

Traces of high contrast are still there, the symphony, synchrony, of black and white. The only color I see in my window-scape is the barest touch of dark green from the hollies at the fence line. But I'll soon find more in the Great Outdoors, having somewhere to be in less than an hour. 

"Take winter as you find him," wrote James Russell Lowell, "and he turns out to be a thoroughly honest fellow with no nonsense in him. And tolerating none in you, which is a great comfort in the long run."

We'll see about that. 

Labels: ,

blogger counters