Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/10/10


A brief post on numerology: There are scads more weddings today than there were on this equivalent Sunday last year. The reason, of course, is the date -- 10/10/10. Not only a "perfect 10," but when the digits are added up (1+0+1+0+2+0+1+0), they equal 5, which stands for love.

But don't believe me. Consult any numerologist. I heard a numerologist interviewed on the "Today Show," which I watched this morning to see my friend Carla interviewed about hypochondria and her book Phantom Illness. (Go, Carla!)

The numerologist was on earlier in the show and she suggested that on this auspicious day, we should light a white candle and meditate on what we still hope to achieve this year.

I have a stub of a white candle on my kitchen table. I think I'll give it a try.

Labels:

blogger counters