Monday, April 8, 2013

Southwest Wind

Spring rode in on the tail of the southwest wind. And it rode in at full speed.

Whitecaps danced on the Potomac, and greening willows swayed in the breeze.

Cyclists on the Four Mile Run Trail (one of whom was me) felt like they were on stationary bikes, so strong were the headwinds they faced. They pedaled hard but barely moved forward. A strange and unnerving sensation. Exhausting, too.

The Four Mile Trail winds through Gravelley Point Park, which lies along the approach to National Airport. Which means that when I looked up from my torturous ride, I saw this.

If I was having so much trouble steering my bike, though, how difficult was it for the pilots to land? Hmmm. Maybe not such a good day to be at Gravelly Point Park. And so I pedaled away as quickly as I could. Which wasn't very quickly.

Labels: ,

blogger counters