Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Of Lions and Lambs

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. 
Isaiah 11:6

 The program has been on my computer for a while, but I'm only just starting to learn it. InCopy works in tandem with the InDesign program. It protects design files while allowing editors to make changes directly in them.

While I don't plan to do away with paper proofs, learning to make changes myself frees up the designers and guarantees more accuracy.  It means I won't hesitate to remove the dash I just added in the last round of page proofs because I decided the comma was better after all.  It gives me a little more control.

More to the point, it brings words people and image people closer together. The lion may lie down with the lamb — which is how I thought the Bible verse read until about ten minutes ago, when I looked it up.

 

Labels: ,

blogger counters