Saturday, July 8, 2017

Grace, Visible

It was early and I was walking, lost in thought, lost in sad thought if you want to know the truth. I looked up and saw a shaft of light piercing the shaggy tunnel of green that this stretch of Folkstone Drive has become.

There it was, brightness distilled and condensed, channeled from the heavens to the earth. Usually we can't see sunshine because it's all around us, a blessing we tend to ignore. But when it slants through the greenery as it did this morning, it reminds us of its presence. It comforts, inspires and motivates.

When I was young I used to think that grace was the dust motes that floated through air. I'd heard that grace was invisible but all around us, and dust particles fit the bill. Today's light shaft is a better candidate. It was, at least for me at that moment, grace visible.

Labels: , ,

blogger counters