Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Wild Thing

It was one of my favorite songs in the old days. Short on finesse, but full of raw energy. Even the name of the group evoked primal power: the Troggs.

"Wild thing/ You make my heart sing/You make everything/ Groovy ... /Wild thing."

It was a song that seemed radical in its day, and I was always a little proud to claim it as one of my favorites. Especially since it consisted of about three chords, played over and over again.

So imagine my surprise when I heard it recently during an Olympics interval.

"Wild thing/ You make my heart sing."

And what was this wild thing being shilled? A fast car, a new show, a brand of mascara?  Uh, none of the above. The "wild thing" in question is ... an Applebee's hamburger.

Lo, how the mighty have fallen.

(Photo: Wikipedia)

Labels:

blogger counters