Friday, March 16, 2018

Asia Bound

Tomorrow I leave for Asia: three days in Bangkok and nine in Nepal. My mission: to cover my organization's board of directors' trip and do additional reporting on women electric vehicle drivers in Kathmandu. It's a plum assignment and I've been preparing for weeks: getting a visa and antimalarial meds, filling out forms, conducting interviews, writing and editing stories that can be published while I'm gone.

This morning I'm fielding emails from Nepal and making a last-minute schedule change. I'm figuring out how to cram two suitcases worth of clothing and electronics (I'm a human pack animal, ferrying swag and equipment from one continent to another) into one suitcase.

And finally, finally, I'm imagining what these places will be like on the other side of the world, the mountains, the temples, the Buddhist prayer flags waving.

It's time for another adventure ... 


Labels:

blogger counters