Thursday, May 24, 2018

View from the Spot

Today was my parent's wedding anniversary, so I'm thinking about them and about my visit to the cemetery last weekend when I was in Lexington.

I'm lucky that it's only been recently that I factor in a trip to the cemetery when I visit home. But factor it in I do. On the last trip I thought about what a lovely view is available from their final resting place. It's an open sunny expanse, with cows grazing in a grassy field a stone's throw away.  One could argue that the view from a plot doesn't matter to those who inhabit it, but it does to those who visit.

Because it's a military cemetery, there are strict restrictions on what kinds of flowers and ornaments you can lay on the graves. I settled for a small American flag, in honor of Dad's service and the upcoming Memorial Day. Next time, I'll bring flowers for Mom.

Labels: , ,

blogger counters