Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Deluge

Woke up this morning to a deluge, to the tapping of drops on leaves, the plopping of water on roof, to the gurgle of rain through the downspouts. It will rain several inches today — this on top of yesterday's sporadic downpours, the record-breaking six inches on Saturday and Sunday's showers (most of which I blessedly missed).

This is one heck of a weather system. The ground is sodden, the impatiens are drowned (one of the flower pots holds water) and the yard is squishy soft. Copper refuses to go out of his own accord and must be lured with leash and walk.

Rain like this just doesn't happen in July. It's a confluence of many factors, said the weather guys. A winter-like storm, almost a nor'easter churning up the coast, then parking itself over the mid-Atlantic and not budging for hours. (That was Saturday.)

All I know is that the rain hasn't ended yet. Downpours are expected through Wednesday.

I'm glad I stored up some Florida sunshine in my psychic account; I'll be drawing on it this week!

(I like my clouds fluffy and white, thank you very much.)

Labels:

blogger counters