Friday, April 12, 2019

The Lusty Cherry

Frequently writing about nature and the out-of-doors means that I often notice the same things every year. I've learned this by now — and have become more careful not to repeat an identical observation. Such was the case today when I thought about the Kwanzan cherry trees.

So I will not call this piece "The Other Cherry," because I already used that title. But I will say that yesterday a grove of Kwanzan cherries once again stopped me in my tracks.

The trees were waving and petaling and being their lovely selves right in front of my office. I reveled in their peak bloom (and snapped some photos) as I ran out to the post office in the mid-afternoon.

I'm not the only one who appreciated them. Suzanne texted me this morning to say she'd noticed them on a run through my work neighborhood.

Every year I have this internal debate: Which is more lovely, the ethereal Yoshino or the lusty Kwanzan? I'll never come up with an answer.

Labels: ,

blogger counters