Thursday, April 25, 2019

Three Years

As if I needed another reminder of time's quick passage, today I celebrate three years at my "new" job. Three years sitting on the fifth floor of a steel and glass building, staring out the windows but mostly staring at my screen. Three years traveling to report on stories, visiting places I never thought I'd see, meeting people around the world.

I won't say it seems like yesterday that I began this new adventure. In many ways it seems longer (which, I guess, is a vote against time's quick passage). But it seems longer in the way that new and familiar things often do.

Already the years are speeding up here. The time between my first few months, when I could barely tell one project from another, and this time last year seems like quite a stretch compared with the past 12 months.

On the whole, though, I'm feeling quite lucky on this three-year anniversary. I work harder than I have to, but it's work that engages, and sometimes even inspires. Can't ask for much more than that.

Labels: ,

blogger counters