Monday, April 15, 2019

Tub Envy

You could call it house envy, or even bathroom envy. I prefer to call it tub envy. It's what I felt when I toured our neighbor's home during Saturday's open house.  Their house is directly across the street, and though I had been in it off and on through the years, I had never seen it without furniture and with all its improvements showcased.

The house began its life identical to this one, but the previous owners, Brian and Kathy (who were along for Saturday's tour), bumped out both the front and the back. This elongated the entrance hall, straightened out the stairway and enlarged the kitchen, allowing for both an island and a door where a window used to be — all lovely additions.

It was the "new" owners, John and Jill (who lived there 14 years, but "new" in Folkstone terms), who re-did the bathrooms and installed the tub-to-die-for. This photo doesn't do it justice; it fails to capture the length and depth of it, the way the light pours in through the windows. I didn't climb into the tub (though I was tempted!) but I could tell that you'd be able to soak in there and look at the tree branches waving in the wind or at clouds scudding across the sky.

So even though I coveted the empty basement with the picture window, the tall kitchen cabinets, the cheerful tile backsplash and countless other features, it's the tub I want the most.

Tub envy. I'm not proud of it. But I have it something fierce.


Labels: ,

blogger counters