Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Rainy Tuesday

The weekend weather was sunny and hot, perfect for Memorial Day. And the rain quite politely held off until this morning. I noticed the first faint drops on an early walk.

At first they seemed little more than moisture squeezed out of humid skies. But by the time I'd returned home and brewed a pot of tea the drops had turned into a deluge, and I drove to Metro with foggy windows on puddling roads.

It was a tropical rain that fell, sheets and sheets.  I think of the flowers I just planted by the mailbox. They'll be getting a long drink of water. And the ferns that are still in winter-basement mode (which is to say, half dead) ... they will love the way this day is starting out.

Even humans don't seem to mind terribly much. We're heading back to the office anyway. So let the raindrops fall ...


Labels: ,

blogger counters