Friday, May 17, 2019

Begin the Day

May is unfolding slowly here, with cool nights and days that stay firmly in the 70s. I think that's about to change soon, so I'm enjoying this cool morning and the bird song I hear as I write this post.

The trees have fully leafed out and the annuals I've planted are taking root. In the front yard, the breakout roses have snuck up on me again. (They're not as full and healthy as the roses here ... I wish ... but given the shade in which they struggle, at least they're still alive.) In fact, all is green and growing here, especially the weeds!

Inside, clocks are ticking, Copper is napping (after our walk at 7) and I'm grabbing a few quiet moments of what promises to be a busy one.

Thinking of all the possibilities ...

It's a good way to begin the day.

Labels: , ,

blogger counters