Thursday, July 18, 2019

Walking to Metro

I hadn't done this in a while, had forgotten how exhilarating it can be to park at the high school and walk to the Metro station.  But when I saw the open parking spot, I impulsively pulled in, covered my window with a sun shield, locked the car and took off.

The pace set my mind spinning and the rhythm of footfall turned an ordinary commute into a tiny adventure. Yes, tiny. I don't want to over-dramatize this. But when the conditions are right, parking and walking not only saves $5, but also provides a jump-start on the day.

Like all walks, this one has segments: crossing at the corner, trudging up the hill, turning into the neighborhood, walking through the "tunnel" (which is not really a tunnel but a passageway under an overpass) and then passing alongside the garage on the way to the station and train.

There's only one problem now: This afternoon, I'll have to walk back.


Labels: ,

blogger counters