Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Window Seat!

I could tell from photographs that I would like the "Rose Room," but until I walked in, I had no idea how much. It was the slanted roof, the pinks and greens, the hearts and flowers ...  and, of course, the dormer window seat.

The seat was deeper than most, for one thing, and wide enough that I could stretch out completely. It was soft, too, and plumped with pillows of several shapes and sizes. There was even a cute stuffed dinosaur for good measure.

Was it the feeling of enclosure it gave me, of being alone with my thoughts? Or, when the window was open, the expansiveness?

I've always wanted a window seat, would make it my writer's aerie if I had the chance.

But until then ... I'll just have to lust after this one.

Labels: , ,

blogger counters