Sunday, January 19, 2020

Home Alone

The house is seldom empty these days, but it will be for more than a week, so I've been sitting in silence for the most of the day. It's not that I don't love my life and the people in it. It's only that I need to recharge in quiet.

What I'm listening to now is the sighing of the wind and the chirping of the parakeets. A few minutes ago I had the Sunday talk shows on the radio, but that was producing indigestion, so I'm back to the natural sounds of birds and air.

I may take a cue from Copper and move with the sun. He starts out in the front of the house for the morning rays, then moves around to the back for the afternoon light. He usually finds a square of pure sunshine and lies down in it.

In about an hour the lowering rays will strike the living room couch in an oh-so-inviting way. It may prove too enticing to ignore.

Labels: ,

blogger counters