Monday, July 6, 2020

A Day's Work

Today I've spent roughly five hours (and counting) on a call with Apple Support. I have installed and uninstalled, saved and unsaved. I've held my phone up to the screen of my computer at the same time that I typed on that computer's keyboard. 

To do this has required multiple plugs and passwords, a backup disc, three computers and a technician who is as calm as she is smart. "Patience is my middle name," she said during our third (fourth?) hour together. I've gotten so used to her voice in my ear that I'm wondering if I can write a blog post without her. 

This is by no means finished. I imagine we will go on long past 5 p.m. But at the end of this I hope to be able to use my new work computer — and, given how long I've spent holding my smart phone up to my computer, be sporting a newly toned set of biceps. 

It's all in a day's work for this most un-tech-savvy of writers ...

(Using a calm picture to soothe frayed nerves ...)

Labels:

blogger counters