Sunday, August 23, 2020

Slow Sunday

It's already past noon, but I'm finishing up laundry and online church in hopes that the rest of the day will be slow enough to read and write and generally while away some time. My partner in crime: this hammock, which I plan to enjoy again as soon as I push "publish."

The evolution of Sunday from a day set aside for special treatment to just another weekend day is one I lament. Not that it would be fun to have stores closed and activities shut down. But it would be nice to have a day that is marked by doing less and reflecting more. A day devoted to gratitude and taking stock. 

Some would say we can get by with a few of these a year; we don't need one a week. But I think we might be happier and healthier if we could make slow Sundays the rule instead of the exception.

Labels: , ,

blogger counters