Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Two Novembers

I knew I would catch it after yesterday's post, waxing rhapsodic about our "two homes," about the human need for outside time, for the comfort and the balm of nature.

Yesterday, nature was definitely without her diadem. A stiff breeze bore down on us all day, not enough to reroute the Dulles air traffic but powerful enough to "prune" the trees and make walking a trial. Copper and I ventured twice into the tempest: once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

Here's a shot I snapped during the latter. I'll use it to remind myself that, just as we have two homes, so also do we have two Novembers. One is warm sun on the face and the scent of dry leaves; it lures us to sit on the deck stairs and take in the scene. 

The other is what we had yesterday: raw skies and an angry wind. That November has one message for us: go inside! 

Labels: ,

blogger counters