Monday, June 7, 2021

Lake Anne: Part 1

While I am in no mood for a staycation, I did feel like a tourist in my own town when I walked around Reston's Lake Anne Saturday morning after buying strawberries at the farmer's market.

I parked near a pedestrian tunnel and entered the plaza near the fountain. A brunch crowd was gathering at Local VA, an outdoor spinning class was in full swing, and merchants in booths were selling homemade ceramics, finger puppets, filmy scarves, imported rugs and hand-painted notecards. 

The big show was in the parking lot farmer's market, where you could find tomatoes and greens and other seasonal delights. After I stowed the berries in the car, I walked around the lake, snapping photos as I strolled. More on the Lake Anne walk tomorrow ...



Labels: ,

blogger counters