Monday, September 13, 2021

Lake Audubon Trail

One aspect of walking I've learned to appreciate more in the last few months is its timing, how a stroll is shaded, colored, made whole by the time of day in which it happens. The fast dash of a morning feels totally different when transported into the slow slide of an afternoon. Or vice-versa.

I've walked the Lake Audubon Trail before but never at this time or in this season. Doing it in the morning, starting fresh from the ample parking lot rather than getting to it at the end of the long Glade Trail route — made it a new adventure. 

There were shady stretches, sunny sections and a feeling of expansiveness every time I glimpsed the water. There were fellow fast-walkers, one man tugging his two Jack Russell terriers, and a young mother pointing out butterflies and squirrels to her toddler. 

 I've learned the hard way that the trail doesn't go all the way around the lake. So I just made it an out-and-back. From the traffic I passed on the path, I wasn't the only one. 


Labels: ,

blogger counters