Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Doing the Reading

Finding the balance point for this new phase of life is not going to be an exact science, I can already tell. I crave big blocks of time but am also terrified by them. I tremble at not having enough to do, then compensate by piling on too much.

For instance, I continue to try and do all the reading for class, even though it can be an insane amount. Last night, for instance, I realized that there's an entire book we're supposed to read for today.

In my mind are the words of my children. "Mom, you don't have to do all the reading." Wise words from people who, as I recall, were taught that they should do all the reading. 

But as with so much of life, relationships shift, patterns change, wisdom develops. 

And tonight, I will go to class at least slightly ... unprepared. 

Labels: , ,

blogger counters