Wednesday, March 30, 2022

New Trail in Town

My walking discoveries continue. Late last week I took off again through the nature center, its trails soft with beaten dirt and crushed leaves. I was looking for another way to reach the bridge I hadn't known was there ... and found it!

But instead of turning right again I turned left, and found myself once again on a path I'd never trod. This is a trail I've walked past hundreds of times but somehow never taken. 

I marveled at the tall trees, at the winsome gait of the baseball-capped woman I saw along the way, at the family of five who passed me going the other direction. The tallest of the three children had just found a huge stick, more like a small tree trunk, and he seemed determined to bash everything in sight with it. 

When I had walked a while along this new route, I began to understand where I was, knew I could take a tunnel passage underneath the road. It's amazing what you can see when you take the "new" trail in town.

Labels:

blogger counters