Friday, December 2, 2022

Farewell, Leftovers

For some, today might be TGIF. For others, only 22 more shopping days till Christmas. For me, it's the last day to eat Thanksgiving leftovers. Yesterday I eked one final turkey sandwich out of the bird, the day before that I ate the last cup of stuffing and final piece of pumpkin pie. 

Today it's down to the molded cranberry salad, which has been whittled from a large serving bowl to one a fraction of its size.

Before I'm drummed out of town on reckless eating charges, let me say that I've written a few food safety articles and know the drill. I keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold. I avoid cross-contamination at all costs, treating raw chicken prep areas as if they were hazmat zones. 

But I also like to get as much mileage as I can from any big meal I cook -- and last Thursday's was a doozy.  

(Apparently, I don't take many food pictures, either.)

Labels: ,

blogger counters