Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Last Meal

On Sunday the Octave of Easter ended, though the season of Easter will last until Pentecost. But for me the celebration truly came to an end when I ate the last turkey sandwich made from Easter dinner leftovers. 

Sometimes I forgo the turkey on Easter, serving only ham along with the deviled eggs, asparagus, ambrosia salad and potatoes au gratin. But this year's crowd required reinforcements. I was happy to oblige with a 23-pound bird. That's a lot of turkey sandwiches — and I have relished every one.

You have to understand that if I were offered a last meal, I wouldn't hesitate. It would be a turkey sandwich made from all white meat, thinly sliced, on white bread (which I usually avoid) and mayonnaise (ditto). If I'm feeling virtuous I garnish with lettuce ... but I usually don't feel virtuous. 

I would illustrate this post with a picture of a turkey sandwich, but alas, the turkey sandwiches are gone. A glass of iced tea will have to do. It, of course, would be the last beverage. 

Labels: , , ,

blogger counters