Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Fellow Travelers

Some emerge just past dawn for their morning stroll, eyes blinking, still taking in the light. They leave early for the office or they can't sleep or they feel dutiful getting in their steps early. 

Others require a cup of tea or other sustenance, so you might find them in the 8 or 9 o'clock hours.

Still others just squeak by calling their daily perambulation a morning walk. They start at 11 a.m. and return just in time for lunch. 

What all of these people have in common, though, is that they are regulars. I see them most every day, depending on when I hit "the track" (also known as the main street of my neighborhood). Some of them I know well, others only by sight. But they are my companions, my fellow travelers, and I honor them all.

Labels: ,

blogger counters