Monday, February 12, 2024

Welcome Clouds

I never thought I'd say this but around here the occasional cloudy day comes as a gift: dark, sodden and lacking in expectations. 

I've never faulted the climate of northern Virginia. It's hot in the summer and mild in the winter. Almost too mild these days, turning what was once distinctly four seasons into three-and-a-half. Springs and falls are long and lovely. 

But the steady drumbeat of sunshine can be too much. And this from a sun worshipper. A sunny day comes with its own set of expectations: errands to run, writing to complete before afternoon rays stream through the office windows right into my eyes. 

When do we stay inside and clean the closet? When do we wander lonely as a cloud? Those are questions I ask myself often ... but not today. 

Labels:

blogger counters