Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Point A to Point B

On Sunday, I walked to a friend's house. This would seem unremarkable unless you knew the narrow hilly road that connects our neighborhoods. There's no shoulder, no margin of error. The road was built long before all the development that's clogged our county. 

Luckily, I had a secret weapon: a path through the woods that goes from my house to my friends'. It takes about 30 minutes, compared with a five-minute drive. But since I'm just back from a world where walking with purpose is far more common than it is here, I was more than willing to do it. 

While I was strolling I was thinking about how natural it seems when you're doing it: walking not just for exercise but because you need to get from Point A to Point B.

I wish I could do more of it.

(Pedestrians in Funchal, Madeira)


Labels: ,

blogger counters