Thursday, September 23, 2021

Autumn Amble

The warm and weighty air we've enjoyed lately has camouflaged what's been going on close to the ground, where low branches have been thinning and yellowing. Where crimson and yellow leaves have mixed in with the green.  

 It was if the scenery had been clued into the equinox, which in a way it had, I suppose. A woods that looked summery just a few days ago seemed to morph overnight into an autumnal landscape. 

I noticed this yesterday on my post-farmers-market stroll, a lovely routine that my newly freed up work status has allowed me to enjoy. The woods near there has a blend of trees and enough underbrush that turns early in the season to burnish the place with gold, to stamp it with the season. 

But up above, there is still plenty of green. Time for many more autumn ambles. 

Labels: , ,

blogger counters