Friday, September 17, 2021

Culling

Next to writing, walking and reading, decluttering has been high on my list of things to do since April 30

Let's just say I didn't exactly rush to begin what I'm sure will be a years-long and often excruciating exercise. 

Should I save all the Amazon Advantage order slips from when I was still packing off copies of my book to the behemoth every few weeks? That's an easy one. Into the recycling bin with them.

I have also been known to save more than my share of articles ripped from daily newspapers. These range from obituaries of noteworthy individuals to reviews of interesting books, even if they were published in 2006. 

Far harder are the article folders. I kept one for every story I wrote as a freelancer. To banish every set of interview notes would be too much, so I'm tip-toeing into closure by culling the folders to the barest minimum. 

Probably the whole folder needs to go, but for now, I'm excited that this decluttering exercise emptied out more than half of a file drawer. 

Baby steps ...

Labels: ,

blogger counters