Monday, October 24, 2011

Homework


Behind my back, the girls say, "Someone should tell Mom she doesn't have to do all the reading." But no one does. And it wouldn't work anyway. I do all the reading gladly. And I take my time writing papers. I have fallen back into the old routine.

The last two times I was a student, I earned professional masters degrees. For 10 years, the classes I've been in have been ones I'm teaching.

So the class I'm taking now is just for fun. For intellectual re-engagement with the world. There is no need for excuses. The process is the point.

I had forgotten the ease of letting someone else do the work. Of sitting and listening, and not leading, the discussion. Of being all lit up by the ideas bouncing around my head. It's good for a walker to have something to chew on while she treads the suburban paths. And I have more than my share these days.

Labels: ,

blogger counters