Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Waking Up

Up and out early. Moisture fills the air and glows in the lamplight. I play some Gabrielli but it's too loud for this delicate time of day. I try Dan Fogelberg's "To the Morning." Ahhh; that's better.

I consider turning off the music entirely and listening to the birds. They're waking up and singing lustily. But the music is good, too. In fact, it sounds a lot like the birds, has the same gradual crescendo.

There are few cars on the street at this time of day, and the ones I see drive sleepily, as if they, too, are just waking up. The day seems to be holding its breath.

On the main road, cars are more numerous and faster. I ease into a trot. The tall grass is wet as I brush by it. Time now for louder music. "Day by Day," a sung prayer.  I'm fully awake now. Ready to come home, touch the keyboard, write.

Labels: , ,

blogger counters