Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Joy in Mudville

I have to laugh at myself every time I write a sports post, which has been more recently than usual lately. But it's certainly worth a shout-out that the Nationals have won the National League Championship and are going to the World Series!

It was only two weeks ago that I was gushing about the wildcard berth D.C. had won in the National League playoffs. Now they are the National League champs!

Of course, their next assignment is a difficult one. Even I've heard of the Astro's prowess. But for this town, with its losing football team, impeachment proceedings and month-and-a-half-long rain drought, this is very good news indeed.

It looks like rain today ... and there's joy in Mudville, too.

(Nats Park photo: courtesy Wikipedia)


Labels: ,

blogger counters