Thursday, February 13, 2020

Team-Work

An email newsletter I edit has a feature we call Team-Work. We decided to use a hyphen, though the word is typically spelled without it. I can't remember now exactly why we did that, except it had something to do with emphasizing the separate nature of those words, the "team" and the "work."

I bring this up today because, perhaps like many of us, I thrive on a mixture of teamwork and solo endeavors. The percentages of the mix depend on many things, including how busy I am and how protective I am of the product in question.

Lately I've realized that I wouldn't make a very good ghostwriter. Though most of what I write now is without a byline, I'm well compensated for it and believe in the institution. In other situations, I enjoy getting credit for what I write. Not exactly teamwork, but there you have it.

Which is why I chose the multicolored rag rug photo to illustrate this post. It reminds me of the power and the beauty that's possible when many become one.


Labels: ,

blogger counters